Wake Up Sheeple!

Friday, July 01, 2005

Sheepole Speak: Letter to the Editor Smack down

Let me introduce a regular feature, the sheepole speak letter to the editor smack down. Every morning the first page I turn to in my newspaper (or online) is the Opinion page. For on the Opinion page you often find sheepole logic in all of its illogical and simplistic glory in the form of letters to the editor. Whenever I find a good one I will take it apart with the tools of logic and facts, something that the Sheepole are lacking in. If you find one in your local paper that is deserving of a smackdown, send it my way. So here goes, our first one comes from my birthplace Pocatello, Idaho about as Red of a place as you can find.

Dear Tom Ballard,
Re: Congressional Decisions, June 25, 2005.
The first question that comes to mind is this: Is it for attitudes such as yours - attitudes of disrespect towards our country, our flag that represents our country, our democracy and the freedoms we have fought for, won and continue to enjoy, the reason my boys are fighting for and serving to protect?

Why is it that if anyone questions our government, it is “disrespect towards our country?” Sheepole always question their opponent’s patriotism, but I have news for you Ms. Thompson blind faith in bad leadership is not patriotism. Your boys are not fighting to protect anything (well maybe the oil and corporate profits), Iraq was not a threat to us.
Because if so, I'd like them to return home! I'd rather enjoy daily life with my boys.

I would like them to return home too, but sooner than you would and alive!
I'd rather watch their kids' faces light up when they return from a hard day's work, rather than seeing their dad - at best - a few times a year because they are serving in the United States military!
I'd like their wives to have the satisfaction of living the American dream of a "normal," happy family.
I'd rather celebrate Christmases, Easters, birthdays and holidays with my family all together, rather than have them separated, fighting for such an "unthankful" cause!
No - wait! If they all were to return home, we would be fighting these battles on our own U.S. soil!

This is the cliché Sheepole argument. Let me see if I can get this straight. If they come home before they kill all of the terrorists (an impossibility) vast hordes of Arab terrorists will invade America? Hand-to-hand combat in the streets of Pocatello. Wow what delusional thinking!
Without these freedoms we daily enjoy, represented by the United States flag, there will be no "better-educated people," no option of dealing with "bird flu" nor the choice of what our kids will use for energy.

Oh, you mean those freedoms that are being stripped away by the Patriot Act in the name of this phony war? “Bird-flu, WTF, let me see if I can lay out your logic. Here goes, if we don’t kill all the terrorists, we won’t have freedoms, thus, we won’t have educated people so many will die from the “bird-flu?” Did I get that straight? Do you see how stupid that sounds!
Our country as we know it will cease to exist. What a nice "Welcome Home Soldiers! Thank you for all you're doing!" message to all the soldiers who honor and serve our country and the flag representing our treasured freedoms!

Ah, always back to the flag, for the sheepole, I bet she has three or four of those magnetic ribbons on her car! Again, those freedoms are disappearing lady, which is exactly what the terrorists want! I hate to break it to you Jean but the terrorists are winning.
If you don't like our flag and what it stands for, there are many other countries who feel the same as you do, who would welcome your citizenship and patriotism to their country with open arms.

Ah, the “why don’t you move to Canada, you commie” retort, very big of you. I'm surprised she doesn't work in gays somehow. I like the flag just fine, but I expect greater things of this country Ms. Thompson

Thank you, Congress, for protecting what represents the foundation of our nation!
Jean Thompson,
Pocatello, Idaho

No thank you, Ms. Thompson for laying out typical Sheepole logic in all of its glory!

5 Comments:

  • Sheepole!!! I just can't stop laughing!!!

    By Blogger Deek Deekster, at 4:17 PM  

  • I wonder if there will ever be a way to bridge the gap between Red and Blue on a national level.

    I've seen some politicians morphing in my area lately. Blue pols expressing Red ideas, and vice versa. Blues coming out for the war and Reds expressing viewpoints traditionally expressed by the Blues.

    I think it has to do with huge property tax increases that threaten to throw elderly people onto the street and their subsequent "throw the bums out of office" movement. Since the elderly tend to be very motivated and politically active it has grabbed the attention of the pols. Nobody wants their constituents who are most likely to vote threatening to throw them out of their political office.

    Some indictments of "machine politicans" for abusing the public trust have also shaken things up. All the free stuff (i.e. concrete driveways and cushy no-show jobs) actually cost the tax payers millions of dollars. Another nail in the coffin of the "machine pols" was the shady land deal which used a local carpenter's union's pension fund to buy some grossly overvalued property. When the local members found out their pension had gone the way of the pensions used to build Las Vegas in its pre-corporate days by the you-know-who outfit, they broke their ages-long endorsement of the Blues and joined the Red side.

    A bunch of the local politicans of the Blue persuasion were recently spotted at a local mega church trying to reclaim God for the party. When they put up a sign advertising their event, another group of Blue politicans threatened a lawsuit for promoting religion in the adminstration building. I think they just didn't like each other. If it had been a sign raising money for project to help the children or the wildflowers, there wouldn't have been any problems.

    Interesting times.

    I wonder what the internal polls are saying to make the local pols behave this way.

    Deliberate Chaos

    By Blogger C. Hedges, at 6:36 PM  

  • as much as I usually don't like these kind of blogs this was funny.

    By Blogger Cooper, at 8:09 PM  

  • Thanks for the warning about commies in Canada. We've heard it before but now I know it must be true. :)

    By Blogger Mitch, at 8:05 PM  

  • In the words of George Carlin, "leave symbols for the symbol minded." Their arguments will always lead to blind faith in symbols, but never in nuanced ideas they supposedly represent. Old sheepole are the worst by far. Nuance, facts, and logic elude them. Of course, it's not their fault they're living off of cat food and because their prescriptions cost too much.

    By Blogger MDB, at 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home